Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Magic Carpet

Is it magic or did new carpet just take 10 years off the life of my house? I can't believe how long we went with our old carpet. It was original to the house, so 15 years old! And 5 of those years were "kid years" which we all know are worth at least 3 each. I think originally our carpet was white, but by the time it met it's end I would have to say it was gray splotchy. I think I remember seeing that in my Crayola pack. Anyway, it was a happy day for us all when it was all ripped out and we got a house facelift. It really makes our house look newer. Now I won't be embarassed when my visiting teachers come over. As long as they don't see the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, or backyard. Ha.


Bye-bye old carpet!


Not a great picture, but that's it. No spots or stains....yet. Did I mention not all of our children are potty trained yet? What were we thinking? At least we were smart enough to get the brown multi colored kind. That way you can't tell what's dirt and what's carpet.

8 comments:

Jenna said...

Love your carpet. Who knew carpet could be so exciting huh?

Johnson said...

Yahhhhhhhhh! I know how you feel. I love new carpet!

Michael and Lindsey said...

I have to admit that I'm coveting that new carpet. It really looks great!

Anonymous said...

That is great! I love the color of your carpet.

Mark and Beatrix Houghton said...

Niki,
Didn't I tell you to get hardwood floor?
It's easier to clean.
No spots anywhere...
B

Crystal said...

I love the brown speckled kind. When we replace the carpet in our house (which we don't have yet) it will be with the brown speckled kind too. I can't wait to see (and smell... because I'm strange) your new flooring.

tyandlinds said...

i am jazzed for you... as your visiting teacher, i have to say we didn't mind the "grey splochy" color carpet :) i need my carpet replaced too! the "kid years" at my house add like 5 to the carpet.

Court said...

I love the new carpet!!! It's amazing how new and fresh the house is just by changing out the old stuff for new. Looks awesome!