Her first day was Wednesday. I had been up all night with Avery throwing up. So it was a challenge to get breakfast and clothes ready for two kids on time. After Ethan left for school, we drove Caitlin over to meet her teacher and start class. She was a little shy, but seemed like she would be okay. Then right before I left she told me that her tummy hurt. Her teacher thought she was probably just nervous to start school, but I wondered.
So, Caitlin made it about an hour into her first day before she threw up into her lap during circle time. Poor girl! I got there and she was so sad and not feeling good. Some first day! I took her home to sit and watch movies with her sick little sister. By the way, I got it later that day and Ethan got it in the wee hours of the next day. We were a sad bunch. Luckily, it was really short lived and we were all feeling better by friday morning.
Caitlin was the least sick of any of us and was better that same night. I still had her stay home thursday, but let her go on friday. Which was really important because that was the first day she got to ride the bus. How great is it that they bus them to and from preschool? She was sooo excited to see the bus. Here she is waiting and watching out the kitchen window. (Don't judge my kitchen sink, we were sick...and a little lazy).
And here she is about to board the bus. Look at that smile!
My kids are all growing up. Sniff, sniff.
2 comments:
where do you have her in preschool that she (or sall I say you) are lucky enough to have her ride the bus?
Fun times for Caitlin! Well not so fun with the sickness... but I'm glad everyone is better!
Post a Comment