Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Day of School


So, today I sent three of my kids off to school. Am I getting old or what? They were all so sweet and excited. I had to have kids at two different schools at pretty much the same time, so Bryce's cousin, Sadie, helped me out by taking Ethan.


Look at Ethan. He looks like a big kid. I don't know if I can handle this whole growing up thing.


Ethan with his cousin, Toa. I know, like twins, right?

The girls are both in preschool half day. They go at the same time, but have different teachers. I hope that works out good for us. Caitlin was a little disappointed that her friends from last year are all in Avery's class. I took the girls over to the school and waited with them until it was time to go in. Avery seemed a little timid, but she still did okay. Should I be happy or sad that my kids don't care if I leave them with strangers?


Avery getting to know a classmate. That's right, Avery. No boys for you.


Caitlin waiting for school to start.

I think everyone had a good day. They all like their teachers and did some fun things. The girls were able to play together at recess, so I think that helped Avery. Caitlin's favorite thing today was painting and Avery's was ..."eating play doh". She assured me that her teacher said it was okay, but that it tasted yucky. Ethan had fun seeing all his friends from last year and learning all the "first grade rules".

I love these kids. They are growing up so fast. Excuse me while I get back to my crying, now.

6 comments:

shauntel said...

I love your kids. Avery makes me laugh, "eating play doh." Ha.

Laura said...

Ethan looks so grown up. When did that happen? Not to rub salt in your wound but 3 of them are gone?!! I didn't understand that Avery was going to preschool too. The house must feel diffrent, you can party or cry. I vote for party!!!!

Anonymous said...

They look so cute! What an awesome family :)
Love Grandma Dopp

Michael and Bethany said...

Oh my goodness that picture of Avery and the boy... Hil-ar-ious! Ok I can't tell if I spelled that right with the dashes in it... But anyway that is going to be an Avery classic. All the sweet little kiddies are so cute all dressed up for school!

Crystal said...

Look at Ethan! He really does look so grown up. I'm glad the girls are having fun at school so far too. I think Avery's little personality is so funny. She's such a little sweetie, but so sassy too. That look she is giving that kid could kill a person! ha ha.

Ben and Maggie said...

Your kids are all so cute...but your girls are gorgeous!