Thursday, December 22, 2011

Jingle Jog

I love my kids' school. They do a lot of fun activities. They do a Jog-a-thon in the spring, but this is the first year that they've done the Jingle Jog. They got to wear jingle bells and run around the back of the school. Each grade had a half hour to run around as many times as they could. Parents could run, too, but we didn't. Yeah, poor sports. I probably should have. It was freezing, it would have warmed me up. I was so glad that Bryce had started his Christmas vacation and was able to come. He usually misses all the school stuff.


This is Caitlin with the Kindergarteners, getting ready to start.


And Caitlin running, she ran 3 laps.


 And the 2nd graders at the starting line.  They were much more into it than Kindergarten.  You can't even see Ethan in this picture.  He was back with the girls.


And Ethan running his 6 laps.

I was glad that they could do this.  I know they don't get as much active time as they should.  I would love for my kids to be in good physical shape.  I was always one of the slowest when we had to run the mile in school.  I've got to make sure I don't pass that trait down.

Repeat after me:  Exercise is good.  Exercise is good....

No comments: