Monday, April 28, 2008

Autumn Spice Cookies

I just found this easy cookie recipe and thought I'd share it. I made them for my class on Sunday and they seemed to like them.

1 package spice cake mix (2 layer)

1 stick ( 8T) softened butter

2 large eggs

1 C quick-cooking oats

1/2 C raisins

1/2 C granulated sugar

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking sheets.

In a large bowl combine butter and eggs, beat with an electric mixer set at low speed until smooth and creamy.

Add spice cake mix and oats to butter mixture; mix well. Stir in raisins. Shape into 1 inch balls.

Mix the sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Roll balls in mixture. Arrange on baking sheets.

Bake until lightly browned, about 7-9 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

I didn't add the raisins and made mine bigger, so I didn't quite get 4 dozen. Also, I was out of cinnamon, so I made them with pumpkin pie spice and they were still great.


3 comments:

Michael and Lindsey said...

Cute new layout, Nikki. And the cookies look delicious!

Jenna said...

those look good! how did you get the pictures on the side of your profile like that?

Becky said...

Looks yummy! I love when people put recipes on their blog..I love trying new things! Can't wait to try these:)