After visiting with Devin and Becky we met my family in Lava Hot Springs, ID for our family reunion. We had a great time tubing down the Portneuf River.

Not a great picture, but this is Bryce, me, my brother Danny, Ethan and Caitlin. It was not such a good idea to bring the kids. It was pretty rough when we went down. Ethan did okay, but Caitlin went completely under the water about three times. She was not a happy camper by the end.

That night we took everybody over to the Hot Pots. They have 4 pools of hot spring water there (each hotter than the last). They were really hot! I could only put my legs in (in my condition). I think everyone had a good time, but man, are there a lot of mosquitos in Idaho!

The next day we went up to Chesterfield, ID. Both of my Mom's parents have family that lived there, but now it's a ghost town. My grandparents have spent years restoring the town (as part of a church mission and on their own). It is always fun to go and learn about our ancestors and see the improvements.

This is the Ira Call Cabin that my ancestors built and lived in. Many of us in my family have helped to restore this building.
Caitlin and Avery sitting in front of the Higginson house, which my grandparents lived in while they were serving their mission.
4 comments:
Hey send me a link to your pictures from the trip if you have them on picasa. I barely took any...
Family tubing I want to try. Poor Caitlin.
We were just at Lava at the end of June for a famly reunion too! Once I saw how fast and scary the river was I was not about to attempt it in my condition. We went to the big swim place w/ the slides instead. We didn't have many mosquitoes but we did have lots of rain so we were probably hatching them for you. Sorry! Hope you still had a great time!
That looks like fun!! Let's go!
Post a Comment