Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Ethan!


Yesterday was Ethan's 6th Birthday! I'm not sure what to say about it. I feel like I just keep saying "how did he get so big?" and "can't we just make them stop growing?" I guess I should just enjoy them the age they are...but, really, it goes sooo fast! Ethan is such a sweet and funny kid. He is a great helper. Everyday I ask him to do things for me while I'm feeding Noelle. He always does them without complaining. And way faster than the girls who seem to do 12 other things as well, when I send them on an errand. Maybe it's an oldest child thing, but he has always seemed really responsible.

Ethan was pretty excited with his presents this year. He has really started to get into Legos and Hot Wheels tracks. Thank goodness! Better that than Bakugan, right? Nothing against it, but I just don't understand what they are or what they do. I know, I live in the past. I don't know if I mentioned it on here at Christmas time, but Ethan asked for some funny things for Christmas. He wanted a back scratcher and a shoe horn. Yep...you heard me right. For scratching his back and horning his shoes. I don't know why I'm worried about Ethan being 6, I should be worried about him being 40. Anyway, the retractable metal back scratcher he got in his stocking broke pretty much immediately. So for his birthday he got a new heavy duty (Dollar Tree) wooden one. He was a happy camper.

I let Ethan decorate his own cake this year (...but, Mom, Olivia gets to!). I usually like to do something fun (he's had pirate ship and airplane cakes), but I think this was probably more fun for him. Oh yeah, and less work for me! Yay! He wanted half blue frosting and half green. Half gummy bears and half gummy octopi. And every sprinkle we had in the house. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm.



Happy Birthday sweet Ethan! We love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Happy Birthday to you, Ethan! Hope to see you soon.
Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

Ethan is a great kid. He makes me feel like a special grandpa. We share the fondness for back scratchers and shoe horns. What's life without them really?

Crystal said...

He is starting to look so much older. I think it's hilarious he wanted a shoe horn. I barely even know what that is.