Wednesday
Noelle had about three accidents falling off of a plastic chair of the kids. One of them resulted in this:

If you can't see it very well, she broke off the bottom of her top front tooth. She hardly cried at all, and she's eating fine, so we're hoping that it will be okay. She may just be a little funny looking until she's 6. Thank goodness for Orthodontist friends that you can call and cry to. And yes, I'm a mean mom for making her take this picture. I think that was the most traumatizing part of the whole event to her.
Thursday
Noelle fell down the stairs at our house. I'm not sure how many, because I didn't see it happen. I just heard it, and found her in a puddle at the bottom. She seemed okay after a few minutes of cuddling. For the record, we did buy a baby gate, but it doesn't fit, so we need to get a new one.
Friday
Never leave a 5 year old to help a baby in from the car. I was carrying a bunch of stuff in from the car, so I asked Caitlin to hold the door while Noelle walked in. Bad idea. Next thing I know, Noelle is screaming because the door between the garage and the house is closed on her arm. And not the doorknob side either, the hinge side. I don't know how that happened. It looked really bad at first. I thought she might have broken something. But here is how it looked after a few minutes:

Please don't think I'm a negligent mother. It's just been a bad week for her...and me. :)
Here's hoping that number 5 is sweet and calm and never gets into anything.
4 comments:
Yikes! Maybe you should invest in one of those plastic bubbles for that girl! I think they sell them at Costco ;)
yikes, is right...better luck next time ;) ps...when can i come play at the new house?
Oh, Poor Noelle. What a week.
Poor baby girl! Sometimes they're just born to be more adventurous...
Post a Comment