Here it is. The whole reason we took the Utah trip in June. The thing that has consumed a lot of my time and a lot of my thoughts since September. The Utah Valley Half Marathon!!!!! (Can I get an Oprah voice with that?)
When Preston was born I realized I had no more excuses. It was time to get in shape. This opportunity got thrown at me and I am so glad I did it. I've never run before, so this was definitely a challenge. I started running with the couch to 5k program and for some reason now I can run 13 miles. CRAZY!! I'm still pretty slow, but I'm proud of the accomplishment.
Luckily my sister decided to do it with me, so we were able to train and run the race together. Thanks Sara!
I'm so glad I did it. And I'm so glad it's done! I still don't love running, but I sure hate it a lot less. I really feel like I have had extra help from my Heavenly Father on this. I know that He wants to see us improve and accomplish things. And I know He loves us and wants us to be happy in whatever our endeavors are. I am so so thankful for that.
Woohoo! Running!


3 comments:
You did it. How awsome are you??!! Congrats and you look great too. What to go
Good for you! I love it, and you look so good. Maybe someday I'll muster enough courage to do something as awesome as that, but until then I'll enjoy reading the awesome posts of those who have already done it :D.
I haven't checked blogs in forever--what a treat to check in and see all that you and your family have been up to! Looks like you have been busy and having fun! I love seeing your cute kids-- they are getting so big. Congratulations to you on your half marathon! That is so awesome Nikki! You look amazing! I am so happy for you and your beautiful family. Stay in touch.
Post a Comment