Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Princesses, Pirates, and Old Folks, Oh My!

Today Ethan and Caitlin started classes at the Red Mountain Multi-Generational Center (hence the old folks). We enrolled Caitlin in Princess Dance. Yeah, I know. Act surprised. And we put Ethan in a Pirate Play class. The kids were so excited about it. The first thing Ethan said when he woke up this morning was "today is my pirate class!" So we got everyone ready this morning and took a picture. Poor Ethan, boys get a raw deal. Caitlin got a whole new ballet outfit and Ethan got nothing. He did wear his pirate shirt, though.


Can you tell how elated Caitlin was to be going to dance class? Before the teacher, Miss Erin, got there; Caitlin and about 12 other little girls ran around crazy for ten minutes. They were all dressed up and looked like this was the best thing that had ever happened to them. Tutus and leotards and ballet slippers everywhere.


After all that, I think Caitlin's favorite part was when I bought her some cookies from the vending machine after class was over.



The kids had a great time, but it was a little harder than I expected. I know, I should have known better. Ethan and Caitlin's classes were right after each other. So I had to find something for Ethan to do the first hour, something for Caitlin to do the second hour, and something for Avery to do for two hours. And preferably not "let's run away from Mom" (Avery's first choice). Next week I'll be prepared with snacks and games and maybe handcuffs.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Very fun!! I still have shoes for her. And good luck with keeping them busy.

james n mary said...

wow, poor ethan :( lol! man, once our kids realized they can move and a wiggle, they are off aren't they?! i've seriously considered the 'backpack buddy' harness thingy. lol!

tyandlinds said...

so funny. i have been in those exact same halls, with those exact same problems. i am glad they liked it! tate has that pirate shirt too. they are such funny kids.

Brooke said...

She looks adorable in her dance outfit...

Love the hadcuffs idea, I'll have to try that :o)

Mark and Beatrix Houghton said...

They are extremely cute!
What fun activities for the little ones!
Try a leash for Avery...it works pretty good for Spitzers, or else he is running away from his mommy also...

Michael and Lindsey said...

I'm glad they're enjoying their new classes. Caitlin's dance outfit is so cute! I can sympathize with the need for handcuffs (or leashes):)