Today Ethan and I recycled crayons. We had a ton of little broken crayons. So, we melted them down to make new ones. I remember my mom doing this with us when we were little. First you have to peel all the wrappers off (definitely the worst part).
Then we put the crayons into a muffin tin.
And after a few minutes in the oven at 300 degrees they were melted. Then we just let them cool and popped them out.
Ethan thought they were so cool and couldn't wait to use the crayons that he had made himself.
12 comments:
I remember making these in an egg shaped tin that mom had. That was one big crayon
It looks like you have been having so much fun. Your desert looks so yummy!
seriously?! it's THAT easy?! i shoudl totally try it.
Thats awesome! Maybe I could do this project to keep devin occupied
What a great idea!
I never heard of it before.
Maybe because my babies (those fuzzy ones) don't use crayons. Or if they do, they eat it in any shape. They don't need me to make muffins out of them.
That is a great idea! I somehow don't remember doing it as kids though....
Seriously a awesome MOM... Iam sooo stealing this trick from you! You always have great ideas!
We neeed to do that! What a great idea! Thanks.
Hey Nikki, I'm not sure if I'd be able to get all your kids together in a photo, but I'd sure love to try! When do you want to get together and do some fun pictures? Just give me a call. By-the-way, way to be green with that crayon recycling project! REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE!
I gotta try that sometime. Way cool.
Thanks for the idea. I remember doing this when I was younger too. Our crayon box looks much better now!
I so wish that I had read this post just 2 days ago!! I ust threw out all of the crayon stube that were laying around here, and in various diaper bags /church bags. I will totally remember this for the future, though! They turned out super cool.
Post a Comment