WARNING: NOT FOR THOSE WITH WEAK STOMACHS
Well, I wish you had my day, anyway. Or actually just my lunch hour. The rest of the day has been fine.
After I picked up Ethan from prechool, Avery fell asleep in the car. So, when we got home I put her to sleep in her crib while I made lunch (mac 'n cheese w/squash mixed in). Then, Ethan refuses to eat his lunch and has a huge tantrum. He says "Mom, it tastes like it has squash in it." Dang, smart kids.
So, while Ethan throws a fit, I hear Avery crying. I go in to get her and change the worst diaper ever. Then I get her some lunch, help Caitlin go potty, and try to tend to Ethan.
Caitlin comes running in and says that now she needs to go poop. So, I tell her to go and do it (why do kids always want to tell you first?) Half way to the toilet, with her underwear already down, she goes. Yes, she poops in the middle of my hallway. And not just poop, diarrhea. None on her, none on her underwear, all on my carpet. So, I send her to sit on the toilet, while I try to clean up this mess somehow. The whole time I am cleaning up Avery is screaming from her high chair, Caitlin is yelling from the toilet, and Ethan is calling for "Superman bites" (apparently he can't eat something he doesn't like unless Mom holds the spoon).
So, I do my best with the clean-up (will have to go back again later). Then I clean up Caitlin and make my way back to the kitchen to see why Avery is screaming. I figure she is just done with her lunch, so I pull her up out of her high chair. As I do, I see the poop streaming out of the side of her diaper all into the seat and now on the tray. Yes, you were hoping there was more poop in this story, weren't you? So onto the tile she goes where I change her. Then I disinfect the high chair and the tile. And Ethan says "Moooommm, my Superman Bites". Right, how could I have forgotten?
So, there is the gist of it. Everyone is pretty much cleaned up. I'm not sure now if my girls are sick or what. I think I'm going to go rub some more at my carpet. If I can find my carpet cleaner. I think I saw Avery with it last.
12 comments:
That sounds like one "crappy" day!
lol
Ah Nikki...I am laughing so hard, my tears are falling.
If I were you, I'd think about hard wood floor instead of carpeting.
I never liked carpeting anyway.
You got to love those kids, they sure keep you busy!
B
Wow, and I was complaining about a slight headache a moment ago...
Maybe my life isn't so hard after all. At least there isn't any poop to clean up in it. If there was, I would invest in Va"poo"rize.
the joy! maybe just one chid will do for us... and i'll make sure to tell Anabel she should save her poops for mom and dad when she is visiting aunt nikki :)
AHHHH! I hate days like that. Why do kids always manage to gang up on parents during times like this? Well, it made for a funny blog post at least.
oh man...
Glad to hear you made it through that day! We get to deal with all kinds of fun things as moms, don't we? Now don't you wish you had a dog too?
I know it wasn't funny at the time but I got a good laugh...it just reminds me of similar days I've had. Don't you wish we had more than two hands sometimes? Or maybe we could be in more than one place at the same time. Super MOM!
I am so sorry about your day! Doesn't seem the kids plan out how many different directions they can pull mom. It seems like my kids like to do that to me some times. By the way the crayons you made are awesome I'll have to that with Tyler some time.
How ever did I miss this story!!! I am laughing my rear off!! I've been there a few times, except I have a DOG! He's another variable to deal with. Know one teaches you what do you do when a baby and a dog both are beelining it twords the puke to play in it and your still dealing with the puker??? So I just did what I could, the puker tossed in the tub, the dog tossed out the front door (to roam who knows where) and the baby after washing hands, in the crib.
I am seriously feeling for you!!! Those are the days you really want a "DO over".
yep, that makes me feel better about my day w/ the diaper in the washer.
:-)
you should add us to your list-
www.axisofaction.com
and
www.myocdservices.com
Post a Comment