Monday, July 26, 2010

Snowflake

We spent last weekend in Snowflake, AZ. My dad grew up there and I still have some family there. We went to celebrate my Grandma's 80th birthday. We had a great time escaping the heat and visiting with family. They also had a lot of activities planned for the 24th of July (Pioneer Day).

There was a Pioneer Day Rodeo that Bryce took Ethan to. I stayed home with the girls, but I heard it was a lot of fun.


There was a chicken chase for all the little kids. They made sure the kids came back good and dirty. Ethan came home looking like this.


We went to the parade the next morning. The kids came home with lots of candy that is now hidden in the kitchen cabinet.


Ethan and Caitlin with their cousins, Kyler and Brooklynn. Don't ask me why my kids all look crazy in these pictures. Ethan wasn't feeling well during the parade, but at least he's smiling. I think Caitlin was sad here because she didn't catch any candy.


And Noelle looks like maybe she caught too much candy. She's getting chubby!


Bryce and Ethan went fishing and Ethan caught his very own fish! Good job Ethan!


And on our last day we went to visit the Snowflake Temple. It was beautiful and had a great view.


4 comments:

Devin and Becky said...

lol that pic of noelle looks like a baby pic of mine where im scowling in the sun too, shes got a lotta dopp in her!

Captain and First Officer said...

Looks like you guys have had all sorts of travels over the summer! Looks like fun!

Laura said...

I've been wanting to go to a rodeo. I haven't been to one in years. I mean who wouldn't have fun chasing chickens.

Brooke said...

I was there the same weekend :o) Remember the many floats with the theme "Pioneering with a Porpoise"? Two of my boys were on one of those floats!