Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cerreta Candy Company


The Cerreta Candy Company tour was a little disappointing.  It's a fine little presentation, but maybe not worth driving an hour to get there.  It's in Glendale, so it took some driving.  And when I looked at their website I thought it said tours were from 10am to 1pm.  It actually said 10am and 1pm.  Teach me to be more careful when I read.  So, we got there at 11:00.  It was two hours before the next tour, but we had just driven an hour to get there, so we stuck it out.  We hung out at Target and got some lunch.


Now I have to tell you I was invisioning some Willy Wonka action up in there.  You know, vats of chocolate and such.  It turns out that it was not really a tour, but a presentation.  We all stood along one wall while their employee pointed out what everything was.  We never got to go behind the little pony wall.  And it was REALLY loud, so I could only hear about half of what she said.


The saving grace for us was that Caitlin got picked to make a chocolate treat.  I'm so glad they picked her.  She was beaming!  She made some white chocolate & pretzel "bacon and eggs".


Sorry to be so down on the place.  It was kind of fun and they give you free chocolate.  It just wasn't what I was expecting and not worth the time we ended up investing (5 hours due to my poor reading skills).

No comments: