This year, for fall break, we decided to stay in town and do some fun Phoenix stuff that we haven't ever done. Bryce took the whole week off and we've been having fun. It's just too bad that it was hot this week. On Monday we went to McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park in Scottsdale. They had lots to do and see. We got to ride on their little train and the kids went on the carousel. You have to pay for most of their stuff, but it wasn't too bad. It cost $20 for our whole family to do everything.
They had a little museum in some old train cars. That's the only thing our kids didn't really care for. But the best part, I thought, was the model train room. They had all kinds of trains going everywhere. And it was really easy for the kids to see it all. And that part was free. This room isn't complete yet, but was so neat.
They also have two playgrounds, a gift shop, and concessions. We had a good time on our first real outside family activity with five kids. It was a little crazy, but I think we'd better get used to that.

1 comment:
I love your "staycation". Very good for a baby that is not on a nap schedule yet! Maybe next year we'll do something like this. I'll have to remember all the places you went!
Post a Comment