Friday, February 27, 2009

Riparian Preserve

I got the kids all ready to set out for the library this morning. Then I realized it was only 9:10. The library doesn't open until 10:00. Dang library people, don't they know that our kids are already bored by 9 am? So, we headed over there anyway and spent some time at the Riparian Preserve. I didn't know if we'd be able to waste the better part of an hour over there, but the kids loved it. It was hard to get them to leave. It was so pretty and any place that has ducks and turtles automatically gets a thumbs up from my kids.



Caitlin loooves animals and ducks are no exception. There was one duck that was crazy enough to come waddling towards us up on the dock. And boy, did Caitlin book it to get to that duck.


Forgive me for showing this picture, because it is such bad quality. But I had to show the outcome of Caitlin chasing the duck. It was definitely an action shot. The duck got scared and lit off that dock like a rocket. Which totally scared Caitlin. It was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. See Caitlin cowering?


It was such a nice day. I really wish it would stay like this year-round. Oh well, I guess we'll enjoy it while we can.

6 comments:

Mark and Beatrix Houghton said...

Too fun!
The duck would have scared me even more. Feathery friends scare the life out of me.
Looks like summer in your neck of the woods.
B

Laura said...

I agree with you enjoy this weather!! I've never seen any turtles there, You will have to point them out if we can ever get there together.

Devin and Becky said...

LOL poor caitlin, those ducks are so mean!

roseanne said...

So cute, We have a duck so if she wants to meet a nice one that lets you hold it you know where to go!

We just missed you, we were just there at the Preserve yesterday to fish. We caught weeds! At least we got cute picts too!

james n mary said...

i've never been~!

tyandlinds said...

i agree on library times, but it looks like you had fun anyways :)