Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thrush

Raise your hand if you hate thrush!

Preston has had thrush since he was two months old. He and I (because I'm breastfeeding) have been on Nystatin for a month with no improvement. Someone recommended Gentian Violet. Has anyone ever used this? It's supposed to clear it up within a couple days, using once a day instead of four times a day. Here's hoping.

In the meantime, my poor baby looks like this.

And if you think that's funny, you should see me.

***UPDATE:  Gentian Violet is the way to go!  Two applications and we're done!  I now have a whole bottle of it if anyone ever needs some.

4 comments:

shauntel said...

Oh sad! I'm sorry! I've never had to deal with that before and I'm hoping that I don't...

Crystal said...

Oh... poor Nikki :( I'm so sorry. I hope it goes away soon. Some parts of being a mom to a baby aren't the most glamorous, are they? You're such an awesome mom, though. Hang in there!

Devin and Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devin and Becky said...

He is just getting his lady gaga costume ready for Halloween. Or should I say lord gaga!